Redrow’s North West division has secured land for around 1,250 new homes across two different locations in Cheshire.
It includes acquisition of a 63.5-acre site in Congleton for homes, a primary school and local shops, plus completion of a series of land deals which secure 120 acres for circa 800 new homes at the long-awaited Daresbury Garden Village, near Warrington. Jason Newton, managing director of our North West division, based at Daresbury Park, said: “Finalising these two land deals in quick succession is a major boost for Redrow and will see us delivering new homes in these two areas for many years to come. We hope to be selling homes off-plan at Daresbury from this summer and in Congleton by autumn 2022.”
The Congleton site lies adjacent to Giantswood Lane, but access to the development will be via a new entrance on Manchester Road. There is outline planning consent from Cheshire East Council for up to 500 new homes alongside a new primary school and local shops. Redrow are now preparing a reserved matters application for 452 homes from its Heritage Collection, including one and two-bedroom apartments and two, three, four and five-bedroom houses. They will include 79 affordable properties to be offered for sale at a discounted market value to meet local need.
During the course of development, Redrow will make community payments totalling £8.5 million to Halton Council, which are earmarked for the following items.
• Converting the A558 to a dual carriageway
• Off-site affordable housing elsewhere in the borough
• Support of existing bus routes and delivering a new bus link into the Daresbury Park business park.
• Improvements to Runcorn East railway station
• Structural landscaping and linear park creation within the wider area, including their maintenance, plus improvements to nearby Daresbury Firs.
• Creation of a pedestrian link under the West Coast Mainline and walking and cycling route connections to the site
• Contribution to the Bridgewater Way Initiative and funding towards alternative marina locations along the canal.
Jason adds: “Daresbury Garden Village will be a flagship development for Redrow in the North West, adjacent to our regional headquarters at Daresbury Park. It has taken many years of negotiations, consultation, design work and detailed planning to reach this stage and we are delighted to be in a position where we can now begin.”
Targeted to build 700 homes per annum by 2023, our North West division is active across Cheshire and parts of Merseyside, Greater Manchester and North Wales. See www.redrow.co.uk for more.